*Cancelled* Woman’s Guided Paddle of the Chester Islands
This event has unfortunately been cancelled due to the forecast calling for seas of 3-4 meters and winds NW 25 knots. We will schedule a similar event in the new year.
Woman’s Guided Paddle of the Chester Islands
Sunday, October 25th
10am - 4pm
Free to female CKNS members - to become a member please follow this link: https://members.ckns.ca/
Launching from Graves Island Provincial Park.
230 Graves Island Rd, Chester, NS B0J 1J0
Participants must have with them:
- kayak with at least one bulkhead
- personal floatation device- PFD
- Bailer/ pump
- Throw bag- 15 meters of floating line
- A change of clothes in a dry bag in case you should need to change out of wet clothes.
- Carry your lunch, snacks and water in your kayak, as we will not be returning to the cars until the end of the day.
- Dress in clothes that are wool or synthetic material. A light layer under a dry suit or a wet suit with a dry top are good examples to wear. Remember to bring water shoes, as we will be getting out of the kayaks throughout the day.
Contact Trudy Killam to sign up: [email protected]
Space is limited to six participants.