Canoe Poling Instructor School (NB)
Canoe Poling Instructor School
Instructor(s): Rory Matchett, Kevin Silliker
Dates: June 17, 2021 to June 20, 2021
Location: Little Southwest Miramichi, NB
Contact: Rory Matchett, Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer #4024. Canoe Kayak New Brunswick Cane Technical Director
Contact Info: [email protected]
Are you an experienced canoe poler who wants to take your canoe poling skills to the next level to become a poling instructor? As a Paddle Canada Canoe Poling Instructor you will be qualified to give skills level courses and certifications in canoe poling. This instructor school is not given that often so now is your chance!
Prerequisite requirements: Intermediate Poling Skills course or equivalent experience
What can you expect? Four day school with training and coaching from certified Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer. Course will concentrate on polishing your poling skills to demonstration quality and developing/assessing your teaching abilities.
Day one, two and three: Skills reviews on water and instruction review/practise
Day four: Completion of remaining items, review of Paddle Canada administration.
Questions? Read below and if I don't answer them contact me at
What do you need?
1. Canoe and paddling equipment suitable for Class 2 moving water.
2. Transport Canada safety equipment (signal device, bailing device, throw rope, life jacket)
3. Appropriate clothing - Dress with options to increase/decrease layers. Bring a change of clothes
5. All other personal gear to make for a safe and enjoyable day(s) on the water.
7. Vehicle - the group will work together to make transportation happen on a daily basis. You may need to drive your own vehicle.
8. Canoe poles will available for loan and use during the poling school.
How much does this cost? $500/participant. $ 100.00 deposit required to reserve your seat by May 15 with balance of $400.00 due upon registration on Day 1 of the school.
Is certification a possibility? Yes. Certification through Paddle Canada is possible.
Accommodations and food? Accommodations and food are not provided.