Introductory Tandem Canoe Moving Water Instructor School (NB)
Introductory Tandem Canoe Moving Water Instructor School
Instructor(s): Rory Matchett and Rob Neish
Dates: June 3, 2021 to June 6, 2021
Location: Little Southwest Miramichi River, New Brunswick
Contact: Rory Matchett, Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer #4024. Canoe Kayak New Brunswick Cane Technical Director
Contact Info: [email protected]
Are you an moving water (whitewater) canoeist who loves the sport and want to take your skills to the next level to become an instructor?
Prerequisite requirements: Tandem Intermediate Skills course or equivalent experience
What can you expect? Four day school with training and coaching from certified Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer. Course will concentrate on polishing your moving water skills to demonstration quality and developing/assessing your teaching abilities.
Day one, two and three: Skills reviews on water and instruction review/practise
Day four: Completion of remaining items, review of Paddle Canada administration.
Questions? Read below and if I don't answer them contact me at
What do you need?
1. Canoe and paddling equipment suitable for Class 2-3 moving water.
2. Transport Canada safety equipment (signal device, bailing device, throw rope, life jacket)
3. Appropriate clothing - Dress with options to increase/decrease layers. Bring a change of clothes
5. All other personal gear to make for a safe and enjoyable day(s) on the water.
7. Vehicle - the group will work together to make transportation happen on a daily basis. You may need to drive your own vehicle.
How much does this cost? $500/participant. Deposit of $100.00 to reserve a space. The full balance paid by May 15, 2021. Message for payment information.
Is certification a possibility? Yes. Certification through Paddle Canada is possible.
Accommodations and food? Accommodations and food are not provided.